IBM is a storied company with a 100-year history of innovative thinking. You are an innovative thinker that wants to help shape the next 100 years. The IBM Developer Advocacy team is hiring developers that are passionate about technology and have a keen eye for business trends.
As a developer advocate - Emerging Technology & IoT, you’ll be instrumental in building a large and vibrant community around key IBM technologies primarily in your region with occasional travels to other neighboring countries. You’ll build and nurture great relationships with developers online, create useful content, educational material, and demonstration applications using IBM technology. The mission of the developer advocate is to secure platform adoption through evangelism, community engagement, and developer relations.
- Be a DEVELOPER 50% of the time
- Commit/review/fix code for open source projects as well as work on your own passion projects
- Engage with startup and enterprise clients and partner projects
- Improve how IBM engages with the developer community:
- Develop first class developer scenarios and demo apps, collateral, and training material on top of the IBM platform to demonstrate value and build excitement.
- Encourage participation of the developer community in programs to increase primary tools and platform adoption in the community.
- Present technology with enthusiasm and authenticity to developers, developer managers and senior management.
- Extend the reach in the developer community by partnering with developer and community influencers.
- Become a thought leader in the market and a voice of our users inside the IBM developer organization.
- Create new market opportunities/identify innovative solutions to expand developer engagements.
The IBM developer advocate is a technical role with the mission of engaging with the broad community of developers and driving excitement around developer related technologies, primarily in your region, occasionally in other neighboring countries.
The IBM Developer Advocate strives to be a key member of their local technology communities. Along these lines, advocates represent IBM at events, workshops, meetups, and conferences. They build relationships with individuals, companies, and organizations that serve the same communities as IBM. Advocates should be able to gaze into the crystal ball of technology, discern the future, and proactively pursue it.
What you’ll do in your 1st 30 days:
- Attend and speak at industry events and conferences, technical meetups and hackathons to connect with developers
- Write blog posts, articles to make developers successful using IBM technologies and help them realize their ideas faster
- Work with partner and IBM teams to create compelling demo applications that show the potential of our technologies
- Take the feedback back to the IBM product and services teams on behalf of developers
Who you are:
- Create and deliver new enablement collateral, including tutorials, labs, classes, and hack-a-thons
- You love to build apps, create solutions, interact with other developers and derive job satisfaction from helping others learn by doing.
- You are able to converse with a broad range of developer technologies and communities, while having deep subject matter expertise in a specific area. For example: IoT, machine learning/artificial intelligence, data sciences, mobile development.
- You have passion, curiosity, technical depth, and exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- You have a genuine interest in solving technical problems using cloud and cognitive computing technologies.
- You are involved in online developer community groups.
- You have good marketing skills and business logic.
- You have a strong software developer background, write code and share what you know
- At least 5 years of experience in a wide range of programming languages, cloud and IoT technologies (e.g.: Node.js, Swift, Java, HTML5, containers, MQTT, pub-sub
- At least 5 years of experience contributing to, and participating in, on-line communities (GitHub, Stack Overflow, mailing lists, etc.) and demonstrated experience of advocacy for a technology, brand or cause
- Familiarity with IBM Bluemix and IBM Developer Works community
- Top notch communication skills including writing and speaking to technical audiences
- Business level Japanese and English ability (bilingual)
Group ID: Digital Business Group (DBG)
Job Family: Not Applicable