Developer Advocate -Cognitive, Data and Analytics
Are you a hacker and looking to work on the adoption of the cutting edge technology? We are looking for technical evangelists to drive the adoption of cognitive, data and analytics technologies by application developers.
The IBM Developer Advocate creates useful content, educational material, and demonstration applications using IBM technology. They are skilled in the art of facilitating serendipity, helping developers become the heroes of their organizations. They maintain knowledge of industry trends, and relentlessly renew and extend their own technical expertise.
The IBM Developer Advocate strives to be a key member of their local technology communities. Along these lines, advocates represent IBM at events, workshops, meet-ups, and conferences. They build relationships with individuals, companies, and organizations that serve the same communities as IBM. Advocates should be able to gaze into the crystal ball of technology, discern the future, and proactively pursue it.
Success in this role is measured by the success and engagement of users of IBM Watson Developer Cloud and Watson Data Platform. Eliminating areas of friction and missing value for users is paramount. Resolving user experience problems and identifying untapped opportunities are key tasks for you.
A genuine interest in cognitive computing and the untapped potential of Watson technology is a must for this role. Publishing, presenting, and consulting with users are all key aspects of this position. Your goal is become a thought leader in the market and a voice of our users inside IBM.
- DEVELOPER 50% of the time
- Commit/review/fix code for open source projects as well as work on your own passion projects
- Engage with startup and enterprise clients and partner projects
What you’ll do in your 1st 30 days:
- Improve how IBM engages with the developer community:
- Develop first class developer scenarios and demo apps, collateral, and training material on top of the IBM platform to demonstrate value and build excitement.
- Encourage participation of the developer community in programs to increase primary tools and platform adoption in the community.
- Present technology with enthusiasm and authenticity to developers, developer managers and senior management.
- Extend the reach in the developer community by partnering with developer and community influencers.
- Become a thought leader in the market and a voice of our users inside the IBM developer organization.
- Create new market opportunities/identify innovative solutions to expand developer engagements.
Who you are:
- Attend and speak at conferences, user meet-ups and hack-a-thons to connect with users and understand how we can best serve them and make them successful
- Facilitate customer prototyping and proof of concepts
- Write articles and best practices to help user get the most out of our offerings and make their ideas and better and more successful faster
- Working with research and development teams to create example applications and proof of concepts around potential customers use cases for pre-beta technology
- You love to build apps, create solutions, interact with other developers and derive job satisfaction from helping others learn by doing.
- You are able to converse with a broad range of developer technologies and communities, while having deep subject matter expertise in a specific area. For example: IoT, machine learning/artificial intelligence, data sciences, mobile development.
- You have passion, curiosity, technical depth, and exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- You have a genuine interest in solving technical problems using cloud and cognitive computing technologies.
- You are involved in online developer community groups.
- You have good marketing skills and business logic.
- You have a strong software developer background, write code and share what you know
- At least 5 years experience building applications and services with cloud technologies such as AWS, Google Compute Engine, Azure, Parse, Digital Ocean, Bluemix and/or Softlayer
- At least 5 years of experience with a broad range of developer technologies and communities (DevOps, Java, Node.js, Python, Ruby on Rails, iOS, Android, etc.)
- Familiarity with mobile development, mobile platforms, multi-channel app creation, integration, native development (iOS, Android Java, C#) and HTML5
- Demonstrated experience demonstrated experience of advocacy for a technology, brand or cause by contributing to, and participating in, on-line communities (GitHub, Stack Overflow, mailing lists ,etc.)
- Top notch communication skills including writing and speaking to large audiences
- Business-level Japanese and English ability (bilingual)
Group ID: Digital Business Group (DBG)
Job Family: Not Applicable