Developer Advocate - Cloud, Containers and Infrastructure
Are you a hacker and looking to work on the adoption of the cutting edge technology? We are looking for technical advocate(s) to lead IBM's engagement in the developer community with cloud, container, and infrastructure technologies as a developer advocate.
The Developer Advocate - Cloud, Containers and Infrastructure’s success will depend on how successful you are in the developer community are in getting value from IBM services and their faith in our team as a trusted technology advisor in cloud, container, and infrastructure technologies. Our developer community needs clear and simple ways to get started, guidance when they need it, and an overall delightful experience using the tools that help them achieve their goals. Eliminating areas of friction and missing value for users is paramount. Resolving user experience problems and identifying untapped opportunities are key tasks for you.
A genuine interest in cloud, container, and infrastructure technologies, and the untapped potential of IBM Watson Cloud and OSS related technologies is a must for this role. Publishing, presenting, and consulting with users are all key aspects of this position. Your goal is become a thought leader in the market and a voice of our users inside IBM.
What you’ll do in your 1st 30 days:
- Be a DEVELOPER 50% of the time
- Commit/review/fix code for open source projects as well as work on your own passion projects
- Improve how IBM engages with the developer community:
- Develop first class developer scenarios and demo apps, collateral, and training material on top of the IBM platform to demonstrate value and build excitement.
- Encourage participation of the developer community in programs to increase primary tools and platform adoption in the community.
- Present technology with enthusiasm and authenticity to developers, developer managers and senior management.
- Extend the reach in the developer community by partnering with developer and community influencers.
- Become a thought leader in the market and a voice of our users inside the IBM developer organization.
- Create new market opportunities/identify innovative solutions to expand developer engagements.
Who you are:
- Attend and speak at conferences, user meetups and hackathons to connect with users and understand how we can best serve them and make them successful
- Facilitate customer prototyping and proof of concepts
- Write articles and best practices to help user get the most out of our offerings and make their ideas and better and more successful faster
- Working with research and development teams to create example applications and proof of concepts around potential customers use cases for pre-beta technology
- You love to build apps, create solutions, interact with other developers and derive job satisfaction from helping others learn by doing.
- You are able to converse with a broad range of developer technologies and communities, while having deep subject matter expertise in a specific area. For example: IoT, machine learning/artificial intelligence, data sciences, mobile development.
- You have passion, curiosity, technical depth, and exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- You have a genuine interest in solving technical problems using cloud and cognitive computing technologies.
- You are involved in online developer community groups.
- You have good marketing skills and business logic.
- You have a software developer background, write code and share what you know
- At least 3 years experience in a wide range of programming languages, cloud and IoT technologies (e.g.: Node.js, Swift, Java, HTML5, containers, MQTT, pub-sub messaging, server-less technologies)
- Demonstrated involvement in open source communities
- Engineering/Developer background with demonstrable experience problem solving and communicating technical detail
- Business-level Japanese and English ability (bilingual)
Group ID: Digital Business Group (DBG)
Job Family: Not Applicable